Step 3 In My Bottle Aversion Solution
Step 3 in my method to solve your baby’s bottle aversion is to put yourself in a good mood. It’s not a hard one when you are in a neutral state, or a bit stressed but not depressed or completely overwhelmed. Based on my own experience and talking to other moms going through this, it consumes our minds and souls. You may be so overwhelmed that you don’t even want to live anymore (I heard this a few times). If you are over-stressed or depressed and attempting to solve your baby’s bottle aversion, this article is for you.
You may have tried the recommendations in my Bottle Aversion Solution guide. It would help if you had something bigger, something more intense, something that throws you over the edge so you can land on the other side and feel good for a short period.
Here is an exercise to do to start feeling good
- Make sure you have a few minutes to yourself. Go to the bathroom if that’s the only place to get a few minutes to yourself.
- You can sit or stand or walk; it doesn’t matter.
- You can close your eyes (if it’s safe to do so) or keep them open. It’s up to you.
- Imagine your baby is taking the bottle happily and drinking without any problem. See yourself smiling while looking at your baby as she is eating like a champ.
- Now step into the image and look at your baby through your own eyes. See him eating happily. He is drinking every drop of milk. Drink up this feeling.
- Ask yourself these questions: “Having my baby drinking happily, what would it give me?” “How would I feel?” “How would I be as a person?”
- Once you have your answers, ask these questions again: “Now that I feel [your answer to the previous question], what will this give me?” “Now that I’m being [answer to your previous question], what will this give me?”
- Once you have your answers, ask again: “Now that I feel [your answer to the previous question], what will this give me?”
- By now, most probably, you are in a high emotional state.
- While you are in this good emotional state, go to step 4 in my Bottle Aversion Solution, and you should be able to proceed without any problem.